Here's a movie tidbit for you, what with the recent release of Indiana Jones and the Walker of Doom (credit to Patrick for that). I don't watch sequels. I consciously avoid them. If you can't get your point across in one movie, I am not interested in parting with more dollars while you fumble around trying.
Of course, there have been a few exceptions over the decades. I watched Godfather II and it was worth it, yet I have studiously avoided Godfather III. I have seen all three Terminator movies (although I think the third was a let-down and just proved my rule - I knew better going in). Someone gave me Star Trek IV as a birthday present once and I dutifully watched it and then wished I hadn't and ended up giving it away (and yes, yes, I know about The Wrath of Khan - I am just not interested). And then there was a recent attempt at watching Be Cool, which was just execrable and I had to stop within the first 20 minutes.
So, along with all the other ways I don't fit into society, I have never seen:
- Any Star Wars movie besides the first, er, I mean the fourth one (it was the first when I saw it in the theater in 1977).
- Any Star Trek movie besides the first one (at least, not willingly).
- The second and third installments of LoTR.
- Christmas Vacation or any of the ones following.
- Any Indiana Jones movies after the first one.
- Ditto Rocky.
- Any post-First Blood Rambo movies.
- James Bond movies since I was a kid.
- Any besides the first Matrix, Batman, Road Warrior, Alien, Austin Powers, Blade, Silence of the Lambs, Mission Impossible, Shrek and Robocop for me, thanks.
It's a wonder I can hold a conversation at all!