- Apologize for three things that Christians have often got wrong. Your apologies should be directed towards those who don't view themselves as part of the Christian community. Alternatively, apologize for things you personally have done wrong towards those outside of the church.
- Post a comment at the originating post so others can keep track of the apologies.
- Tag five people to participate in the meme.
- If desired, send an email with the link to your blog post at the Christians Confess site, giving permission for your apologies to be added to the website.
While the meme does not say it needs to be a personal apology for things we feel we ourselves have done wrong, many are taking it that way, including me. So here goes:
- Projecting myself in ways that are un-Christian, especially at work, where it is hard to disengage from the "old Adam". In programming and computers in general there is often a very aggressive, "I'm smarter than you, my ideas are better than yours" attitude. It is very competitive, and many in the industry are "blunt" (and I don't mean that in a good way). I succumb to this a lot, even as I try and mellow it out with age. For this I am sorry. Kyrie eleison.
- I spend a lot of time worrying about what and how others are doing following Christ, instead of me just being out in the world helping people. For this I am sorry. Christe eleison.
- I spend a lot of time writing about what it means to me to be following Christ, instead of me just being out in the world helping people. For this I am sorry. Kyrie eleison.
Now I am supposed to tag five people, and as with the original, if you comment, consider yourself tagged as well. To the following people, "Tag! You're it!":
Lyn (who may take a while, being on holiday in Scotland now)